Friday, February 22, 2013

National Building Museum / HDR

It's taken me a while but have finally discovered HDR Photography - or at least how I might apply it to my work.  I've basically avoided using HDR until now mainly because most examples I have seen appear a bit overdone and perhaps a little to cartoonish for my taste.  I guess I shyed away from using it thinking that some of this HDR look might be faddish and appear dated in a few years.  But - I've seen other work by a few photographers that have used it tastefully - so I've given it a try with the idea of applying HDR and hopefully maintaining a somewhat "real" look.  Here's a sample of my first attempt using HDR - one of my favorite interior spaces in Washington DC - The National Building Museum.  You can see more images from this shoot towards the end of my Washington DC Architecture Gallery included in my Collection of Washington DC Photography.

No comments: