Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Boots were made for Walking

Did a nice little shoot in Ft Smith Arkansas last week. With a little free time I rode into town to look around and maybe buy some new boots. It's hard to find boots that actually fit my freakishly wide feet but I lucked out with a pair that just felt so right I immediately set out aimlessly ramblin'round town, letting my new boots lead the way. These boots may be magical because within a few minutes they lead me to this wonderfully crusty old train yard a few blocks away.
Now I don't know about you, but I could spend all day, and almost did, looking at rusty bolts and hanging around dirty old buildings. I just love things that are old and stinky. For me there is a real natural beauty in rust and decay. This little train yard was like a treasure trove of lost art. Here are just a few from my afternoon walk with my new pair of boots. (click images to enlarge)

No comments: