Thursday, May 10, 2012

The iPhone Camera is your Friend

Glen Echo Park   iPhone w/Hipstamatic

Whenever I'm out shooting architectural details I naturally snap a few with my iPhone.  Many times afterwards I find, with certain images, I prefer the "quality" and "aesthetic" of several iPhone images over the the dslr images.  Here's a piece recently written by PhotoShelter co-founder Allen Murabayashi, included in Wired Magazine, that touches on this very topic.  Allen was kind enough to include me in the piece - it's funny to read the comments by readers.  I don't understand why so many appear to be dead set against ( afraid of ) the use of any and all the wonderful tools available in creating images.  The point is not to get hung up on the equipment or method - to me it's more about creative self expression - however it might be accomplished.

Here's the piece:  Why Instagram is Terrible for Photographers, and Why You Should Use It

1 comment:

Milliscent Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.