Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hey Grace, Call Me

Well, the Inaugural is over and I feel hungover. Not that post-euphoric letdown sort of hungover, I mean the real kind of hungover. I ended up going to what turned out to be one of the best Inaugural parties I’ve ever attended, The Red Goes Blue Party at the Old Ebbitt Grill. The buzz on the street was the The Dead were planning to join Jackie Green and Grace Potter and play until sunrise. So, amid flying rumors and wild speculation I headed down with my brother David and his friends, who btw, are always a bad influence to my ever virtuous lifestyle. It was a cool partying crowd, excitement filled the air, spirits were high, there was open bar. In combination, this all schemed towards disarming the Moderation Switch in my brain. Once that switch is disabled, unfortunately I posses no Off Switch. But, as Mae West once wisely stated, “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful”. (click images to enlarge)Phil Lesh joined Jackie Green for Sugaree, and Warren Haynes (my favorite guitar player on the planet) sat in with Grace Potter and the Nocturnals for Down by the River. I sure wish Warren would have called me up to jam with him on that one. As it turned out, The Dead did not play until sunrise, but by that point it didn’t matter anymore. The music was so good. That Grace Potter girl rocks harder than most dudes can even dream about. And, let's face it, how many girls do you know who can thoroughly Rock the House in White GoGo Boots and a Flying V?

No comments: