Saturday, September 6, 2008

Feeding my Brain

Went downtown Thursday night for a party hosted by ADCMW. The party was at The Warehouse Theater Arts Complex which happens to be directly across the street from the Washington Convention Center. As luck would have it, as soon as I approached my target parking zone, a mass exodus of AARP convention goers poured out from the convention center. Throngs of badged convention attendees taking it to the streets with what seemed like dozens of extremely large tour buses, none of which could apparently turn the corner of a city block. The streets around my destination clogged up like some retirees cholesterol ridden arteries in need of a quadruple bypass . I fled that foolishness and parked about 4-5 blocks away in more sane territory, It was a beautiful evening so I took the opportunity to have a nice pre-party stroll and see what I could see. I was so successful (in my mind) and ended up with dozens of good usable images. Here are just a few , click images to see larger:I had a thoroughly enjoyable time at the party, met some very nice people. It's always fun to get out and meet other creative types, even if I do spend most of my time talking with other photographers. The party space was really just raw space within this classic DC old style building. I love older DC Architecture, and Love open raw space with all it's potential. Julie, who helps run the space, was kind enough to take me and Keith upstairs to look around and tell us a little history of the building. Afterwards, I drove home feeling good. Opportunity exists all around us everyday to create art and feed your creativity. For me, it's like feeding my brain.

PS: Jessica Gladstone with ADCMW just sent me this gallery of images that she took of the Party.
Here's one of me doing what I do best. Thanks Jessica!

No comments: