Thursday, July 3, 2008

Achieving Crab Bliss

Just returned from a wonderful relaxing vacation on Chincoteague and Assateague Islands. The crabbing was great! Everyday I caught dozens of crabs that my youngest son James and I would have for lunch. (also did some clamming for the first time although without the dorky high waisted rubber pants). Crabs and Clams everyday for Lunch on the back porch overlooking the water, this is what I imagine Heaven must be like.

I had my first lime flavored beer last week, Michelob Ultra Cactus Lime. I am a Genuine Certified Zen Crabmaster. As any Certified Zen Crabmaster worth his weight in Lump Backfin will attest, the right crabbing beer is a key component in achieving Crab Nirvana. Perhaps they derive the flavoring from the Peyote Cactus because this beer enabled me to attain complete transcendence into the Crab Mind, summoning crabs at will from all directions. I also saw my first Bald Eagle who came to visit us each day as we were crabbing. I took this to be a good omen from the Gods.

As always when on vacation I get up before the Sun to go out and take photos. For me there is no better way to start the day than having several quiet hours alone to be creative. Whether I get good photos or not isn’t important, it’s more the process of being highly observant of the world around me that is stimulating. I haven’t had time to go through and process what I’ve shot but below are a few quick selections just for fun. I actually still have a little gallery of some of what I shot last year here: Chincoteague07 Gallery. If you’d like to see more from Chincoteague / Assateague I have several hundred images posted in my Scenic Virginia Gallery on dcstockimages.com posted here.

No comments: