Friday, August 22, 2008

Charge your batteries!

Last night I took my kids to the outdoor Comcast Film Festival for a beautiful summer evening of watching Twister under a crystal clear starry night sky. As always, brought along my little Canon G-9 to see what I could see. Prior to leaving I thought of charging the battery but never considered that a mere camera battery would dare fail me as I went about the crucially important work of taking random photos of the world I see around me As I Walk the Earth. About 1/2 hour into it, just as the evening light was becoming perfectly beautiful in every way, I get a flashing message "charge battery". My trusty little G-9 closes itself up and says goodnight. Just shows to go ya that even fancy pros make stupid mistakes. Unfortunately, the best photos from last night are the ones I never took. Here's a few before total core meltdown. (click images to see larger)

No comments: