Friday, August 29, 2008

Two Block Stroll in Georgetown

I take so many photos As I Walk the Earth I can barely deal with all the images I create. Tuesday night I had an APA/DC Board meeting at Renee’s studio in upper Georgetown. I parked about two blocks away arriving 1/2 hour early. Even in that two block walk I am compelled to shoot images of the world I see around me. I get so wrapped up in my own little world that I ended up at the meeting 1/2 hour late. Here are just a few from my two block walk . (click images to see larger)Years ago images like these (and the millions of others I have) would have had little “value”. They would have made me feel good when shooting but then be filed away with all the others. But, we now live in the wonderful world of instant worldwide global communication. I can build websites and successfully market my images around the world, myself. Success in this world is easy if you love what you do and are passionate about your work. Perhaps I am a bit to enthusiastic. There is a market out there for anything, any style of photography. Research, learn, and understand the market you choose to operate in. Constantly create images and make them available. Target market to a specific group and build an audience for your work. Realize the needs of your market and continue to produce work accordingly. Above all, passion, enthusiasm, and love are contagious, your market/audience will see this in your work. This Blog is just another extension of my desire to share my work and constantly remain creative and productive.

No comments: