Thursday, October 23, 2008

Schooners on the Chesapeake

Had a chance to sail the Chesapeake last week with some friends, Detroit Slim and Jane, on their beautiful 44' Ocean Going Catamaran, Cat Maudy. Capt'n Slim shot me an e-mail from his quarterdeck advising me the Pride of Baltimore II, with cannons firing, had just pulled into Baltimore Harbor and would participate in the Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race the next day. Would I like to come aboard and observe? It was a tough call. Should I stay here and stare at my computer screen all day or head out on the Bay and chase full blown schooners sailing the Chesapeake? I've done entire hotel decor projects with images of sailboats, sails, and pieces of sailboats so knew the images I could make would be like having stacks of gold bullion in the vault. Thanks to Capt'n Slim and Jane it was a wondrous day. I'm just now editing through them and my head is spinning with so many good (and marketable) images. I shot hundreds of images, here's just a few quick selections, just a quick pass through Lightroom, no special treatment yet. I can't wait to work on some of these!
(click images to enlarge)Read Jane's account of our excursion here: Cat Maudy Chronicles

1 comment:

bill mcallen said...

Love the sailing photos.
great blog
bill