Saturday, March 7, 2009

Drinks at Mink's

Very few things in this world lift your spirits like walking into some random bar, downing a few shots, grabbing a guitar, and Rocking the House. That's just what Jimmy and I did the other night. On the way back from our friend Chris's Mother's Wake in Hagerstown, feeling a little down, Jimmy (my brother-in-law/attorney) wisely advised we stop in a bar we passed, Mink's Tavern, and have a beer or three. Having never steered me wrong regarding such matters, I have learned to listen closely to my attorney's wise and just counsel. Lucky for us it was open mic night so a few beers/shots later we were spewing forth our brand of entertainment to a cool and appreciative crowd. It was my kind of crowd, a good mix of down home hard partying folks. We walked in feeling low and walked out (several hours later) feeling high. Mink's gets five stars in my guidebook.
Thanks to Roger Ratliff for hosting the open mic and letting us abuse his equipment.
All photos by Roger Ratliff.

3 comments:

billz said...

Thanks for your link about Mink's. Glad you found the place, and I'm glad I discovered your blog and the great photos. Hope you don't mind I added a quick post back at my blog.

http://liveinhowardcounty.blogspot.com/2009/03/sunday-arts-randy-santos.html

Al Romas said...

Love that the game is on, over JD's head. That makes it a Classic gig.

Anonymous said...

randysantos.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.